Latest from the Blog
- Live music special with Jahkaranda at the Azores Tradewinds radio show2018-10-11Listen to this week’s Azores Tradewinds radio show at Antena Nove with the local and original Reggae band Jahkaranda playing live in the studio and […]
- A night at the movies special: Resident film-maker Gonçalo Tocha in the Azores Tradewinds radio show2018-10-10Resident film-maker Gonçalo Tocha speaks about his films, his music and his life in another Azores Tradewinds Radio Show at Antena Nove. Click here to […]
- Azores Tradewinds radio show Sept 27th – Wild Women cob builders take over2018-10-02Listen to September 27th Azores Tradewinds Radio Show on Antena Nove, with special guests Kim Howard, Valentina Matos and Lara come to talk about the cob […]
- September 20th Azores Tradewinds radio show2018-09-21This week, political and social activist from the United States, Melanie Imani, discusses american and global politics, race and gender discrimination and […]
- Azores Tradewinds radio show – September 13th2018-09-21Special guest this week, marine biologist and environmentalist, Laurence Fauconnet, comes to talk about the World Cleanup Day, Saturday the 15th, that […]
- Azores Tradewinds radio show: May 17th2018-06-01Listen to the Azores Tradewinds radio show at Antena Nove May 17th Continue reading “Azores Tradewinds radio show: May 17th”… Share this […]
- The Honky Tonk Sailing Jazz Band hits the Tradewinds Radio Show2018-06-01The Azores Tradewinds radio show, this week with Honky Tonk Sailing Jazz Band onboard, playing live at Rádio Antena Nove. Don’t miss it! Continue […]
- Tradewinds on Antena Nove with special live singing guests EOS Lise and Soizic2018-05-31Tune into and enjoy our show of 24 May with two gorgeous ladies with lovely voices, Lisse and Soizic. Continue reading “Tradewinds on Antena Nove […]
- An occasionally serious radio show: Azores Tradewinds at Antena Nove – 91.3FM2018-05-11Listen to Azores Tradewinds radio show at Antena 9, May 10th 2018. Guest this week: Pedro Escobar, environmentalist and local guide talks about […]
- Walking the dogs in streets without cars: Azores Tradewinds radio show – May 3rd2018-05-03Azores Tradewinds Radio show with Victor Reis, from the local animal protection association, AFAMA, and Architect Tomás Melo, to discuss the creation of a […]
Welcome on board!
When you ask people about the Azores they often respond with, ” what where is that? Unless that is you are talking to a yachtsmen who will know the islands well both historically and in the present day as a heaven for vessels crossing the Atlantic Ocean.
Steeped in history this nine island archipelago are known for their beauty and charm. It is the aim of this website to show what is hidden in the folds of this society that can give the passing yachtsmen and tourist the full benefit of their stay. Also residents who have come to retire reside and be part of that wonderful culture found on these jewels of the Atlantic.
Based in Horta Faial the website deals primarily with this island Faial.
By way of my own introduction you may like to read the story about Sean Paton. A seaman and now resident of the island who founded this site.