Latest from the Blog
- We’re back!2019-11-11Don’t miss Azores Tradewinds Radio show right here on azorestradewinds.com next Thursday, November 14th, at 1800 GMT. Continue reading […]
- The big volunteer plastic cleanup in Cedros – Azores Tradewinds Radio show – November 15th2018-11-15Listen to the Azores Tradewinds radio show at Rádio Antena Nove. Guests this week: Iwan Dellenbach, from No More Plastics for the Azores, and Vítor […]
- Caribbean next door – Azores Tradewinds radio show2018-11-08Listen to the Azores Tradewinds show at Radio Antena Nove, November 9th 2018. Special guest this week Caribbean-based sailor, painter, writer and on-board […]
- Saving seeds, planting the future – Azores Tradewinds radio show2018-10-27Listen to the Azores Tradewinds radio show at Antena Nove, October 26th. This week’s guests: Ana Branco from local bio-farming association, Trybio, […]
- Azores Tradewinds: Another live music show with Rudolfo Catarino2018-10-19Listen to the Azores Tradewinds radio show at Antena Nove. This week’s guest, Rudolfo Catarino, plays live and talks about life, music and broccoli. […]
- Live music special with Jahkaranda at the Azores Tradewinds radio show2018-10-11Listen to this week’s Azores Tradewinds radio show at Antena Nove with the local and original Reggae band Jahkaranda playing live in the studio and […]
- A night at the movies special: Resident film-maker Gonçalo Tocha in the Azores Tradewinds radio show2018-10-10Resident film-maker Gonçalo Tocha speaks about his films, his music and his life in another Azores Tradewinds Radio Show at Antena Nove. Click here to […]
- Azores Tradewinds radio show Sept 27th – Wild Women cob builders take over2018-10-02Listen to September 27th Azores Tradewinds Radio Show on Antena Nove, with special guests Kim Howard, Valentina Matos and Lara come to talk about the cob […]
- September 20th Azores Tradewinds radio show2018-09-21This week, political and social activist from the United States, Melanie Imani, discusses american and global politics, race and gender discrimination and […]
- Azores Tradewinds radio show – September 13th2018-09-21Special guest this week, marine biologist and environmentalist, Laurence Fauconnet, comes to talk about the World Cleanup Day, Saturday the 15th, that […]
Welcome on board!
When you ask people about the Azores they often respond with, ” what where is that? Unless that is you are talking to a yachtsmen who will know the islands well both historically and in the present day as a heaven for vessels crossing the Atlantic Ocean.
Steeped in history this nine island archipelago are known for their beauty and charm. It is the aim of this website to show what is hidden in the folds of this society that can give the passing yachtsmen and tourist the full benefit of their stay. Also residents who have come to retire reside and be part of that wonderful culture found on these jewels of the Atlantic.
Based in Horta Faial the website deals primarily with this island Faial.
By way of my own introduction you may like to read the story about Sean Paton. A seaman and now resident of the island who founded this site.