Latest from the Blog
- Azores Tradewinds radio show: May 17th2018-06-01Listen to the Azores Tradewinds radio show at Antena Nove May 17th Continue reading “Azores Tradewinds radio show: May 17th”… Share this […]
- The Honky Tonk Sailing Jazz Band hits the Tradewinds Radio Show2018-06-01The Azores Tradewinds radio show, this week with Honky Tonk Sailing Jazz Band onboard, playing live at Rádio Antena Nove. Don’t miss it! Continue […]
- Tradewinds on Antena Nove with special live singing guests EOS Lise and Soizic2018-05-31Tune into and enjoy our show of 24 May with two gorgeous ladies with lovely voices, Lisse and Soizic. Continue reading “Tradewinds on Antena Nove […]
- An occasionally serious radio show: Azores Tradewinds at Antena Nove – 91.3FM2018-05-11Listen to Azores Tradewinds radio show at Antena 9, May 10th 2018. Guest this week: Pedro Escobar, environmentalist and local guide talks about […]
- Walking the dogs in streets without cars: Azores Tradewinds radio show – May 3rd2018-05-03Azores Tradewinds Radio show with Victor Reis, from the local animal protection association, AFAMA, and Architect Tomás Melo, to discuss the creation of a […]
- The changing seasons2018-04-26After over 25 years in the Caribbean you kind of let go the understanding of four seasons, replacing winter, spring, summer and autumn with,”bloody […]
- Fair Transport and tending to the local stray cat population: Azores Tradewinds radio show has it all!2018-04-26Listen to the Azores Tradewinds radio show at Antena Nove. Guests this week: Helena Krug from the local Associação Brigada Animal de Rua do Faial and […]
- Deep-sea mining and Fado: Azores Tradewinds Radio Show – April 19th2018-04-20Listen to April 19th Azores Tradewinds radio show at Antena Nove. Special guests: Margarida Mendes from Oceano Livre talks about the dangers of deep sea […]
- Azores Tradewinds sailing around the world radio show2018-04-12Azores Tradewinds Radio Show – 12th April 2018 – with circum-navigator Malcolm Campbell at Antena Nove. Continue reading “Azores […]
- Italian invasion! Azores Tradewinds radio show, April 5th2018-04-05Azores Tradewinds radio show with special guests Alessandro Cristofoletti and Gian Paolo Guacci. Antena Nove, April 5th. Continue reading “Italian […]
Welcome on board!
When you ask people about the Azores they often respond with, ” what where is that? Unless that is you are talking to a yachtsmen who will know the islands well both historically and in the present day as a heaven for vessels crossing the Atlantic Ocean.
Steeped in history this nine island archipelago are known for their beauty and charm. It is the aim of this website to show what is hidden in the folds of this society that can give the passing yachtsmen and tourist the full benefit of their stay. Also residents who have come to retire reside and be part of that wonderful culture found on these jewels of the Atlantic.
Based in Horta Faial the website deals primarily with this island Faial.
By way of my own introduction you may like to read the story about Sean Paton. A seaman and now resident of the island who founded this site.